1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP DVD-3033SA Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Paul500, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul500

Paul500 Thread Starter

Hello

My sons were being typical teenagers the other day and one threw a hole punch at the other.

Unfortunately the hole punch hit the screen of our HP DV6-3033SA laptop.

We have had the screen replaced which works fine. The issue we now have is that the laptop works fine on battery power. If it boots up on mains power a message pops up stating that there is an issue with the fan and the computer will switch off after 15 seconds.

I took the laptop back today and it has be stripped down. The shop although get the same error can't find any thing wrong inside. Everything is connected correctly and in place.

Anybody have any ideas what we can try to get it working on mains power again?

It is barely a year old so I don't really want the expense of a new laptop just yet.

2. Oddba11

Oddba11 It's My Birthday!

First Name:
    Jim
    If it's under a year old, it should be under warranty. Have it serviced or replaced.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Unless you bought an accidental damage warranty, you're not going to get it repaired for free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028964

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice