Solved HP Elitebook not recognizing AC adapter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RandomUserGuy

So, I recently acquired an HP EliteBook Folio 9480m. Went through the Windows and driver updates, the usual new PC setup, and then I noticed at the bottom it said "6% and not charging". So, I go through all the troubleshooting including all the various troubleshooting recommended in forums, uninstalling drivers, running HP support assist, etc, verified that the battery and AC adapter were both working with another laptop of the same model from work, and nothing.

HP's diagnostics say that the AC adapter is not working, Windows says that the battery is not charging. The only thing left that was suggested elsewhere to do is update the BIOS, which I can't do because the laptop won't recognize the AC adapter.

Any ideas?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 69 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8073 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (143 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 22DA
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled (ESET is installed and enabled)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
HP EliteBook Folio 9480m Notebook PC (support site)
The "Troubleshooting" section may be helpful to you.

From what I can determine, that model notebook originally comes with Windows 7 Professional 64-bit or Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
How did Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit get installed in yours?

Does it have its original battery and/or power adapter?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online