1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF PCie problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twmffat, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. twmffat

twmffat Thread Starter

Hi
    I've just got a HP EliteDesk 800 G2 SFF on eBay. It seems to work OK except when I try to add a graphics card (Asus GT710) and network card (TPLink WN881ND).
    The graphics card is never recognised and the newtork card causes fatal errors when I load software/drivers.

I've tried changing bios settings but am I missing something...

oh...
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8072 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (423 GB Free);
    Motherboard: HP, 8054
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. twmffat

twmffat Thread Starter

Thanks for this. Does not surprise me really, but I had this card and knew it worked...
    The network card does not show up without graphics card installed. The tplink driver installation wizard (app?) checks for it, then continues to load (so it must have found it) but when it gets to 54% it stops and windows gives me the blue screen of unfixable error :(

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You can try the Network card in the larger slot if you remove the Graphics card from it, it should go as far to the edge of the motherboard as possible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229133

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice