1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Expansion Base

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cecilep61280, Apr 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cecilep61280

cecilep61280 Thread Starter

I have a HP pavillon dv4000 laptop. I recently bought a HP xb2000 Notebook Expansion Base. On the box it says it would be compatible with my laptop if it has a a Expansion Port 2. I dont believe my laptop has this accessory because the plug doesnt look anything like the ports on my laptop. I was wondering if there is another accessory i can buy so that this expansion base will work with my laptop. The wireless keyboard and mouse obviously work but i can buy that anywhere and save a lot more money. Does anyone know if i can buy another accessory to make this base work? i would GREATLY appreciate it!!

2. KingCody

KingCody

expansion port 2 is not an accessory, it is a connector soldered onto the motherboard, if you'rs doesn't have it then you're out of luck

if your's has it... the expansion port will be on the left side of the laptop

[​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/461246

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice