1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP files in start up files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by takethetime, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. takethetime

takethetime Thread Starter

My HP printer works fine and I did call tech. help and got forwarded four times and the problem is I am speaking to people from India who do not understand my point of question. My question is that I have three files running on my computer in the background and I only wanted the files to remain that just ran the printer. Sometimes, I am told by people that there are files that are not neccessary and just use up resources. So I thought I would just ask and give you the files which are:

hpzupm12

hpqste08

hpqtra08

Digital imaging monitor is the one down on the task bar which I believe is the file to just run the computer so I might be able to elimanate the other two?

I had a lexmark printer and I know this is serious as one file the "printer communication file""LXCGPPLS"
    somehow is connected to a trojan and I have this file but program called "Scotty" helped me to "disable it" but admitted it that it is still there in windows sys but only disabled. Scotty lets me know when this file "LXCGPPLS"
    can you also help me out on this?

Harry

2. Blue Zee

Blue Zee

Harry,

You shouldn't have posted your email...

Try using WinPatrol:

http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html

This tool will allow you to disable and enable many items, but does not delete them, i.e., you can restore its use.

Although the tray icon (hpqtra08) is not essential, the others may be.

Trial and error with WinPatrol, may be the best solution.

Good luck.

Zee

3. takethetime

Hey, thank you very much for your advise. I already have "Scotty" Winpatrol, and I have disabled it last week and it tries to come back all the time and I click no. I will also use it with the HP files.
    Harry

4. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi "LXCGPPLS" can be linked to a Trojan.
    Post a Hijack this log..a log expert will check it.

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
    Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
    By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
    Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
    Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
    Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
    At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.

Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
    Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
    Click Edit > Select All> Edit > Copy ..this will copy the entire contents of the log.
    Paste the log in your next reply.

DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

5. takethetime

I do have WinPatrol and did disable LXCGPPLLS BUT HERE IS THE HiJackThis Scan:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
    Scan saved at 12:59:15 PM, on 10/29/07
    Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
    Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
    C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RPCSS.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGCC.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGEMC.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGAMSVR.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\ROXIO\EASY CD CREATOR 6\AUDIOCENTRAL\RXMON.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\WINPATROL.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\SONY CORPORATION\IMAGE TRANSFER\SONYTRAY.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
    C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACK THIS\HIJACKTHIS_V2.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
    O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIGART] c:\ati\gart\atigart.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGCC.EXE /STARTUP
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGEMC.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_AMSVR] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVG7\AVGAMSVR.EXE
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioAudioCentral] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\AudioCentral\RxMon.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\winpatrol.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RoxioDragToDisc] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 6\DragToDisc\DrgToDsc.exe"
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EnsoniqMixer] starter.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE"
    O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [PopUpStopperFreeEdition] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PANICWARE\POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION\PSFREE.EXE" (User 'Default user')
    O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
    O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://www.crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab
    O16 - DPF: {A7EA8AD2-287F-11D3-B120-006008C39542} (CBSTIEPrint Class) - http://offers.e-centives.com/cif/download/bin/actxcab.cab
    O16 - DPF: {9522B3FB-7A2B-4646-8AF6-36E7F593073C} - http://a19.g.akamai.net/7/19/7125/4058/ftp.coupons.com/r3302/Coupons.cab
    O16 - DPF: {54BE6B6F-3056-470B-97E1-BB92E051B6C4} - http://h30155.www3.hp.com/ediags/dd/install/HPDriverDiagnosticsxp2k.cab
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BROWSEUI.DLL
    O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BROWSEUI.DLL

--
    End of file - 3522 bytes

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice