1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP G56 Questions ???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BearKiller, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BearKiller

BearKiller Thread Starter

I have been resurrecting an old HP G56 laptop and turning it into a handy dandy portable picture displaying device.

Windows 7 Home Premium

Every time I raise the lid or wake it up after it has fallen asleep, there are these two very annoying messages that insist on my full attention; I no more than get one Xed away until another shows up.

I google-searched both messages and followed the "get rid of them" instructions to the letter; however, both are still there and are dug in tighter than ticks, refusing to go away without a fight.

The two worst offenders:

hpwuSchd2.exe = alias = HP Product Assistant or HP Update

and

jucheck.exe

How can I get rid of these two offenders ?

Thanks.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Easiest way would be to stop it going to sleep at all in Control Panel > Power Options and also changing closing the lid to switch the laptop off completely.

3. BearKiller

I already did that.

Do you mean > set it such that closing the lid will automatically put it in shut-down mode the same as if I had clicked "shutdown" in the start menu; if so, I was hoping it had that ability.

Whatever those two programs are, I still would like to just pull them out by the roots and have them gone.

Thanks.

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Well the first is the HP product updater and the second is for Java.

You can disable both completely in MSCONFIG under startup tab

5. BearKiller

Thank you.

I just got rid of both problems by uninstalling their parent programs, HP Update and Java.

Thanks for mentioning MSCONFIG; I am assuming it is for configuring.

6. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    OK can uninstall the HP BUT YOU NEED JAVA.

Java is what makes websites function properly.

Sry I should have mentioned that.

You need to go to www.java.com and redownload it.

Then open MSCONFIG and select the Java option and make it to not startup automatically

7. BearKiller

There were two versions of old outdated Java on there; so, I figured if I had to have it, I would be better off to start fresh.

I am not that fond of Java; maybe there is something else to do the job that is less intrusive.

Thanks.

8. bobs-here

bobs-here

First Name:
    Bob
    as java is being phased out in favour of html5 and browsers are now disabling java as default. its down to other, less maintained (or reluctant to change websites) to catch up and make the changeover.

but its going to take time, as online games and vids still require java installed to use them. its all about a users online habits. i disable and enable java addon as and when needed in FF browser.

9. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    Indeed....its going to take time...but for now I would recommend leaving it installed. I have no issues with it myself

10. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Yes it's at Control Panel > Power Options (if you can't see this use the drop down at top right to change the view to 'small icons') then click 'Choose what closing the lid does' near top left and after that it's self explanatory.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1173049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice