1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP G60 to Compaq CQ60

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RGVdude, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RGVdude

RGVdude Thread Starter

Hey guys, I need to know what I can do to get my USB drives to work. I replaced the hard drive on a Compaq CQ60 with my HP G60 unit. It turns on and I can access pictures and documents. Wifi works too. I need to get the USB working to extract all my info from the hard drive. Any ideas?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Are you saying you removed a hard drive containing a Windows operating system from a "Compaq CQ60" and then installed that same hard drive into a "HP G60" ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. RGVdude

RGVdude Thread Starter

I bought a used Compaq with no hard drive and installed the HP hard drive from my old computer in it. They both ran the same version of Windows according to the sticker on the bottom.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The "Compaq CQ60" came with no hard drive, so you installed the hard drive from a "HP Q60" containing a Windows operating system into the "Compaq CQ60" ?

If that's what you did, I'm very surprised the "Compaq CQ60" started up and loaded the Windows operating system.

Just because 2 different computers came with the same Windows operating system, that doesn't mean you can swap the hard drive between each one.

----------------------------------------------------------------

plodr likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice