1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hp G70 ports and disk drive stopped working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Golfinsteve, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfinsteve

Golfinsteve Thread Starter

I've got a HP G70 laptop and all the drives and ports stopped working.
    It turns on fine, and I can connect through wifi but the disk drive, USB, Ethernet, ect.
    No longer work. A storm came through and I'm sure that's the cause of my
    missfortunes. Mostly curious if there is anything I can do besides replace mother board. I've reinstalled
    drivers much to no avail

2. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble

When you say "disk drive" do you mean the DVD Drive?

What operating system, please? XP, Vista or Windows 7? Do you know how to find Device Manager? (Right click 'My Computer' and choose 'Manage', etc) Do those devices appear in there?

3. Golfinsteve

Golfinsteve Thread Starter

Yes I meant DVD drive :) and it's windows vista. I also went into device manager and all show up just don't respond when you try to open DVD drive or plug anything into the ports(USB, Ethernet , hdmi).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043561

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice