1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP HQ-TRE 71025 Laptop Bios Password Won't Clear/Reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TechSharp, Nov 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TechSharp

TechSharp Thread Starter

I removed the cmos battery to try to clear the bios password but no success. Is there another way to clear or reset the bios password for this particular model HP laptop? Thanks in advance for the help.

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    We typically do not assist with bypassing any passwords per site rules here. However, what is the reason you are wanting to do this?

3. TechSharp

TechSharp Thread Starter

This is my Aunt's laptop NOT A STOLEN LAPTOP. My Aunt owns a beauty salon in Maryland, & I'm simply trying to help my Aunt. Knowing that most bios passwords can be reset by simply removing the cmos battery, this model HP laptop doesn't do so. So my asking was based on if there was something I overlooked or either unaware of as another option to reset the bios. I read thoroughly what the site rules are before I joined this site. Thanks for your concern.

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Ok, I understand your point. However, we do not know that ourselves. We always have to err on side of caution. I have requested a Moderator to make a decision to move forward or not.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

There is no way for us here on the forum to know if the laptop was stolen or not.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Your Aunt will probably get help by taking the laptop along with proof of ownership to a reputable computer shop.

Closing the thread, as the applicable Rule reads:

• Bypassing Passwords (show less)
      Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice