1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp image zone

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by f107j, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. f107j

f107j Thread Starter

I Have windows XP. I am sort of a beginner. I have an HP package. I click on HP image zone . screen says cannot find. make surepath or internet address iiis correct. I click OK. MSN page shows up. Can you help

2. f107j

f107j Thread Starter

do iI get an answer

3. 911

It sounds as if you do not have some program installed properly. What is the HP package ? Where did you get it ? Did you install it from a CD or fom the internet ? Are you clicking on a icon for 'image zone' ? More information is needed before I can start guessing. Please post back with details.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    in addition to the above from 911 - also do you have firewall installed that can also block access

5. f107j

f107j Thread Starter

bought hP package which included image zone. I click on image zone icon. It tells me it cannot find. Make sure path or internet address is correct. i clickon OK. MSN page shows up. I have windows XP. I have aol with viris and firewall added

6. 911

Did this program ever work ? If so, when did it stop ? These things usually happen when a new program messes up something that an existing program needs. Did you install some program just before you found that Image Zone could not be found ? Have you tried to do a System Restore to a point before it stopped working ?

7. acraftylady

acraftylady

Check here and see if you can find anything usefull.

HP Imagezone

Also on my HP I have something called HP pavillion PC tools and in there is application recovery. This will reinstall the applications that came with the computer. A list shows up and I can check what I want to reinstall so if image zone came preinstalled you might be able to reinstall it that way to get it working. On my computer if I go to start, programs, Hewlett packard, HP pc pavillion tools it's in there. It's very easy and has step by step prompts on what to do.

8. f107j

f107j Thread Starter

This program worked initally. I had firewall and spyware installed by aol. I am using 9.0 optimized. I think but not sure problem started after firewall and spyware. I don't know how to do a system restore.

9. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    see my post above re-firewall
    a firewall can block the program from accessing the net
    have you allowed it through

10. acraftylady

acraftylady

If you are using the AOL security edition a lot of people are complaining about that. I am still using 8.0 and will not upgrade since 8.0 works perfectly with no problems. You can get free firewall and spyware stuff without using 9.0 security edition. I use zone alarm for firewall then adaware, spybot and spyware blaster for spyware and they work fine with AOL 8.0. so I have no need to install the security edition. Also have you installed SP2? A lot of people have program problems after installing SP2. Have you gone to HP and typed in your computer model to see if there are any updates for image zone? I didn't get it with my HP so I don't know much about it.

11. 911

System Restore is found in System Tools. In Windows ME, START > PROGRAMS > ACCESSORIES > SYSTEM TOOLS. It may be a little different in XP. (I sure wish Microsoft would stop moving basic stuff around). When you open the program there will be a page with a place to restore to an earlier time, or to create a new restore point. Select Restore and click next. The next window will contain a calander with some dates in bold font. These are the dates for which restore points exist. Above the calander is a "<" symbol that allows you to see the previous month (if you need to go back further).Select (click) a date before the problem began, and click "Next" at the bottom. Follow directions from there.

If there are no restore points, you probably have System Restore disabled, and cannot use it for this problem. You ought to enable it for future need. Here is how:

START > SETTINGS > CONTROL PANEL.
    Click the SYSTEM icon.
    Click the PERFORMANCE tab on the next screen.
    Click the FILE SYSTEM button on the next screen near the bottom.
    Click the TROUBLESHOOTING tab on the next screen.
    Uncheck the box "Disable System Restore" at the bottom.
    (Click APPLY)
    Restart your system. System Restore will be enabled. You should make Restore points before making any additions or changes to your system so that you can recover from any problems.

12. acraftylady

acraftylady

It's in the same spot on XP. The only thing about system restore is I was told if you use it too many times it can become corrupt. I have only used it once and it saved me that's for sure. I never had ME but in XP when I do disk clean up I click on the more options tab and in there you can clear out all but the most recent restore points to free up some space. More of what little knowledge I know about computers.

13. 911

I've never heard of overuse causing System Restore to become corrupted. Some people complain about the restore files taking up too much disk space, which does cause some cramping and may slow down the computer. But it is easy to fix. Just reset 'enable System Restore' and restart your computer. All the old restore points are deleted. Then you enable it again, and restart once more. Take a new restore point for future use, and you are good as gold. You can also set a space limit for the files, so that old ones get deleted when new ones are created.

14. f107j

f107j Thread Starter

thank you very much for your help. I haven,t solved the problem yet but you have given me something to workwith. I'lllet you know how it works out.
    thank you again

15. acraftylady

acraftylady

I have seen it mentioned on an XP forum that too much use of it can corrupt it and it has happened to people. I am talking doing a restore every day or a few times a day, stuff like that. Once in a while probably should not hurt it. Instead of turning it on and off to clear it out I much rather just use the option to delete all but the most recent points when I run my disk clean up.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328324

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice