1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP in-pc card reader wont pick up memory card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by love2fish93, Nov 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. love2fish93

love2fish93 Thread Starter

I have an HPa1612n running media center 2005 and it wont pick up my memory card from the 9 in 1 reader that is part of the pc. It worked fine last night. any ideas?

2. Sponsor

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

Here is the support and software site for the HP Pavilion Media Center a1612n desktop. I highly suggest that you keep this site saved in your browser favorites list for reference to when needed.

Here is the troubleshooting section for memory card readers.

---------------------------------------------------------------

4. love2fish93

neither of those had what i was looking for. the reader worked the day before yesterday, and it just quit. it seems tempermental for some reason. any others? can one of the mods move it to hardware or close this one so i dont get popped for cross posting?

thanks,

Pat

5. flavallee

Have you tried inserting the memory card in another computer to confirm the memory card isn't the problem?

----------------------------------------------------------------

I've sent a request to have your thread moved to the "Hardware" section. There's no need for you to start a new thread.

6. love2fish93

yes, I have both tried the card in another reader, and a different card in this reader with both tests pointing to this reader. thanks for the thread transfer

7. flavallee

It's possible the memory card reader has gone bad. It's been known to happen. :(

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/880193