1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP is garbage

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by oil painter, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. oil painter

oil painter Thread Starter

My monitor is 4 years old and it's toast. I can't access the menu . It is in a box above the page--against the screen--and the curser goes behind. I had problems with the computer too just after I bought it and the capitals stick on the keyboard. Will I ever buy HP again--NOT ON YOU LIFE

2. grandma77

grandma77

Did you contact HP while it was still under warranty?

3. oil painter

Yep and got the run around. I was told by one of their support people that he just started there and he didn't know anything about computers when he did but HP gave him 2 weeks training. They just read from prepared lists. I took it to staples to be repaired 1 month after I got it. They kept it for 2 weeks, blew the dust out of it and said that's why it was so noisy, not!!. I had to have all the fans replaced and the power supply changed. Now just over 3 years and the monitor goes. Yep HP is garbage

4. anand1

anand1

From among many some grabage are also produced one.!!!!!!

5. oil painter

Are you calling me garbage. Do you think it was my fault. This forum asks for experience people have had with computers. I just told it like it happened

6. anand1

anand1

Not you friend do not take it other way plz. Its for HP Manufacturers man.

7. Doom_Machine

Doom_Machine

omg, its 4 years old
    i mean i know some people expect stuff to last forever but its not like its new. thats just not very good to judge a company cause a 4 yr old monitor bit the dust, if that were the case there wouldnt be any comnpanies left in existance

8. oil painter

Not quite 4 years old and now that I know more it was acting up well before this. If that were the only issue I wouldn't be complaining. Did you read the entire post. Try posts 1 and 3 and then tell me I shouldn't be complaining.

9. Tstright

Tstright

Maybe you should have been more proactive in getting it fixed when it first started acting up.

10. oil painter

And just how proactive should I have been. I made multiple calls to HP with no results. Took my computer back to the store and called them several times,and contacted HP on line. What more could I have done. I got the run around from everybody--it was like you bought it you deal with it. The warrantee and extended warrantee meant nothing.

11. Tstright

Tstright

Did you talk to a HP manager? There is always a way to push things up the chain.

12. zacman2010

zacman2010

I run a 6 year old XP right now and it's as smooth as silk.....but it needs just a little more RAM. Thats it.

13. VIP_EJC

VIP_EJC

I am the proud owner of an HP-Compaq Presario desktop PC, and it has never failed me in two-and-a-half years. It was just your monitor's time.

14. oil painter

enough!! I'm closing this thread. Maybe your pressarios are fine but I got a LEMON

15. VIP_EJC

VIP_EJC

Computer parts are like people: they die.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice