1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Laptop Battery won't come out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by schills, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. schills

schills Thread Starter

All,

The battery on my HP laptop won't come out. The little release slider is in the release position and won't move in either direction, but the battery won't release.

Any thoughts on how I can get this thing out?

Regards,

schills

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Brute force?

3. instinct

instinct

I am having the same problem with my HP laptop battery.

4. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

I don't know about HP but my Toshiba has two swithches either side to unlock (which I guess you have) and then in the centre, one large spring loaded slider that 'pings' the battery out. If you can not see any other sliders or switches then I would suggest looking at the manual as I am sure it will tell you how to remove the battery.

Normally buttons that do this are well marked on the base of a laptop. Does the battery come out at an angle like a door, or slide on rails. Try bother sliding and pulling, it will eventually come out ;)

5. instinct

instinct

I've taken my battery out dozens of times before.. i know how to take it it.. the slider switch is stuck though.

6. Goldfish92

Goldfish92

Ohh, well if brute force hasn;t worked then...

Make sure the laptop is off so the hard drives are off and 'hit' the switch gently, if it has just got jammed then that should work it loose, but be careful not to get over zelous.

If this doesn't work however then my only other idea is dismantleing the laptop.. which isn't soo great. :(

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619828