1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP laptop boots then stays on a black screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ILoveHP, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILoveHP

ILoveHP Thread Starter

Apr 13, 2012
    Hello :)
    My HP Pavillion dv5-1045tx won't boot up properly. Everything starts up and runs as it should, it comes up with the hp loading screen, then asks if i want to start windows in safe mode or normally, then it comes up with a loading screen with microsoft corporation written on it, the backlight turns on and off, the cursor flashes on the screen the dissapears, and from there i'm stuck on a lit up black screen. I've let the computer run on this for nearly an hour and nothing happened, so i've come here.

The last time i used it i didn't shut it down properly, i accidentally disconnected it from the power source when i got up, as the battery was deadflat so it just shut itself off instatnly.
    As far as i know, that is what has caused the problem, but i don't know a solution.
    Is there a quickfix for this or do i have to take it to a store and get it repaired in someway?
    NOTE: It started up properly in safemode, but thats as good as it gets.

Thanks in advance.
  2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

Oct 2, 2003
    so from safemode try a restore to a date when it was working

start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore

choose the date before this started
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1049265