1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Laptop DV6700 boots up with blank screen

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Randyonguitar, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randyonguitar

Randyonguitar Thread Starter

I put my laptop in sleep mode every night and when I started it today the screen was blocked off on the right side about 2 inches. I could see the whole screen but it was squeezed up. So I decided to re-boot and when I did it re-booted with everything working but the screen. It is not in hibernation mode. I tried removing battery and holding down the "on" switch for a minute and that does not work. Is it the back light or just the screen itself is malfunctioning? I hooked the laptop to a TV with the s-video cable and there was monitor on the TV. Please help!
    Randy

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Have you tried reinstalling or updating the graphics driver?

------------------------------------------------------------

What's the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) on the sticker so we can determine the exact dv6700 model number that your HP Pavilion laptop is?

------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!