1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp laptop keyboard and mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ja7, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ja7

ja7 Thread Starter

I have a HP Pavilion xf335 ze1000 series laptop computer
    Amd 1500, 256mb memory, 30gb hd, XP sp1

The keyboard and mouse on it has quite working.
    When the laptop boots up, I can use the keyboard to run diagnositics and change my boot order, but when windows boots up, the keyboard and mouse wont work. This laptop has a button just above the touchpad to turn it on and off, and this also is not responding.
    I have reinstalled the orginal software that came with the computer twice, without any change. I even downloaded the mouse drivers from hp website and installed them, deleted the keyboard and mouse in the control panel, everything I can think of. Nothing works.
    Once in a blue moon, when I have an external usb keyboard attached to the comptuer, I notice that the num lock light comes on the keyboard when I push it on the external. Then I can use the built in keyboard for a short while.
    A mouse can travel very easily, but lugging around an exteranal keyboard is cumbersome.

2. xGunslinger

xGunslinger

Is it still under warranty? I honestly don't know what the problem is so I would contact HP tech support and ask them for help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/299802

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice