1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Laptop Screen Blank

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thunderfox, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thunderfox

thunderfox Thread Starter

When I turn on my laptop the screen is blank, but when I connect it to a monitor I can see my desktop and use the laptop normally. When the screen was working, before it went black, it would flicker if I moved it open or close. I have changed the inverter out. And under display adapters it shows the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce 8600m GS then under monitors it just shows Generic PnP Monitor. I toke the face plates off and looked to check all connection and are all good. I did send this laptop out to hp to fix the screen, because there was a row of pixels that went out. Then I had to resend it out because the screen was darker in the corners, this was over a year ago and was under warrantee. I am about to buy a new screen but would like to know if there is anything else I should try first?

HP 17" DV19500

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Can you see any image at all, even very dark? Try shining a torch at the screen when it is turned on to see if you can see anything.

If you get absolutely nothing from that then I would suspect a failed screen as you say you have replaced the backlight / inverter already. The graphics card etc is obviuosly OK as it is outputting fine to a external monitor.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/943861

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice