1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Laptop w/XP Issues

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by valvestem, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valvestem

valvestem Thread Starter

I am posting this so if anyone else may have the same issue, maybe this will help.
    Computer is a HP Pavillion Laptop Model 5320, just over 3 YOA. Problem surfaced about 3 weeks ago, on startup, blue screen full of white lettering-just a flash-then black screen. Tried all known and reccommended methods to reboot, all resulted in the same blue screen with writing-just a flash, too quick to read anything-then black screen. Took it good local PC repair shop, diagnosis-the hard drive failed. New HD installed, new install of WinXP, all is well. The computer was 10 days out of extended warrantee when failure occurred. My luck. Cost of new HD was about 90$, also had RAM increased, total with labor and tax was 360$. This was a 1200$ PC when new, so it was worth it to me to have it fixed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice