Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hp laptop won't start up

560 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Clueless61 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello first let me say I am sorry if I am posting in a wrong section. Hopefully someone can tell me what I have to do in order to fix my problem. My hp laptop will not start up it goes through the motions and gets to a screen that says it recommends to start with repair or to start regularly however when you choose an option it's goes through the motions but ends up with a blue screen where nothing happens and all you can do is just turn off the computer in order to restart and try again. I have a notebook model : HP Pavilion dv7 notebook pc

#3 ·
According to the product number in your image,
Font Pattern Brand Metal Darkness

you have a HP Pavilion dv7-4191nr Entertainment Notebook PC which was purchased in September 2010 and came with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Is it still running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit or has it been upgraded to Windows 10 Home 64-bit?
Do you have a factory restore/system recovery disc kit for it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

#5 · (Edited)
The second link that I provided you with in post #3 is where you can purchase that disc kit.
If that laptop's built-in factory restore/system recovery partition is missing or doesn't work, you'll need the disc kit.

From my past experience when a Windows 7 "repair" failed, it required reinstalling it.

Because that laptop is over 6 years old, its hard drive may be failing, but I'm inclined to believe that's not the issue.

#6 ·
The second link that I provided you with in post #3 is where you can purchase that disc kit.
If that laptop's built-in factory restore/system recovery partition is missing or doesn't work, you'll need the disc kit.

From my past experience when a Windows 7 "repair" failed, it required reinstalling it.

Because that laptop is over 6 years old, its hard drive may be failing, but I'm not inclined to believe that's the issue.

Ok thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.