HP Laserjet 2200D software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Peachykeen

I bought a used HP 2200D, but it didn’t come with the software that allows viewing a virtual control panel. Is there anywhere I can look to get a copy of that disk? The seller must not still have it.
Edited to add running Windows XP. Thanks!

Last edited:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The HP LaserJet 2200D printer appears to have been introduced about 19 years ago and was designed to work with Windows XP and older operating systems.

If that printer is in use with a computer which is running Windows 10, it's likely using a Windows 10 built-in generic driver which will reduce the functions it can perform.

-------------------------------------------------

Peachykeen

The HP LaserJet 2200D printer appears to have been introduced about 19 years ago and was designed to work with Windows XP and older operating systems.

If that printer is in use with a computer which is running Windows 10, it's likely using a Windows 10 built-in generic driver which will reduce the functions it can perform.

-------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your reply! I’m using it with an old Windows XP computer.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Thanks for clarifying which Windows version is running in your computer.
I checked earlier for its support site and software driver package, but I struck out. (n)
Give me a few minutes to check around a bit more.
Do you have the part/product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that printer?

--------------------------------------------------

Peachykeen

Thanks for clarifying which Windows version is running in your computer.
I checked earlier for its support site and software driver package, but I struck out. (n)
Give me a few minutes to check around a bit more.
Do you have the part/product number(P/N) and serial number(S/N) on that printer?

--------------------------------------------------
I found drivers, but I can’t figure out where I can get a file for viewing the control panel emulator. This printer has no panel on it like my old HP IIP+. I’m spoiled. ;)

Peachykeen

Thanks so much! I had found this page, but I overlooked the software link. I think I read that the PCL5e might work best with XP, so I’ll try that. I can print with the driver that’s installed, but the words on one side of my custom paper (6.5”Wx7.25”H) get truncated no matter how I feed the paper. It‘s cutting off one to three letters down the side (left-justified setting that cant be changed).
Thanks again for taking the time to help!

Peachykeen

I used to think I was more tech-savvy, but I downloaded the software, unzipped it., and now I can’t find it to install it - unless it self-installed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online