1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP LaserJet 3330 USB Connection & Memory Upgrade

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by corndale, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corndale

corndale Thread Starter

I am planning to purchase the HP LaserJet 3330 for my home office.
    A. Is the USB port on the printer the newer 2.0 version or the original 1.XX version? If it is 1.XX, 1. are there any plans to hardware upgrade it to 2.0 (if that is even possible), and 2. for the purposes for which this multifunction printer is designed (printing, faxing, copying and scanning), will 2.0 make a difference?
    B. What benefits will I reap by upgrading the standard memory of 32 MB, which is 8 MB for the system, and 24 MB for the user? The maximum memory is 96 MB.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Check the version of the USB ports on the PC prior to buying the printer and match the interfaces. If your PC only has 1.1 USB ports and the printers are version 2, go out and buy a USB 2 add on card. It will make a difference and allieve your anxiety about incompatibility. If you can afford the upgrade for the memory you might as well do it. A memory upgrade is probably the #1 upgrade you can do to increase your performance aside from the CPU.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If I read this correctly, you are talking about the memory and port on the printer, right?

The 3300 has a USB 1.1 port, so that's no problem, and I don't think that initially I'd do anything with the memory. I really doubt you'll need more than 32mb in the printer for most tasks. You can always add memory after the fact, I'd get the printer and see if there's any need.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112439

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice