1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Laserjet 5si

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rainman50, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rainman50

Rainman50 Thread Starter

I have a 5si setup on my network. I can not choose the printer destination (ie print to the top or to the side) I have the latest driver, i think? Is there a setting on the printer I have to change or is it in the printer setup itself? thanks!

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi Rainman50
    You should be able to change it from the computer or the printers control panel. When you go to print click on file, then page setup, then printer and properties. ( these may be different depending on your driver or operating system.) The settings you want to change are portrait or landscape.

3. Rainman50

Rainman50 Thread Starter

That would change the TYPE of printout, not its destination. I should have the option of choosing the side output tray or the top output. All my printouts go to the top at the moment.

4. Lurker1

Lurker1

OK then I think the setting are called face down output or face up. It varies with different drivers and different operating systems. You should be able to find it. If not in the page setups check device options in the printer properties in printers. (Start, Settings) Right click on your printer.

On the printer its Paper destination under the configuration menu.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsuppor...esId=25478&prodTypeId=18972&objectID=bpl02672

5. Rainman50

Rainman50 Thread Starter

Thanks!!!! I have looked at that menu 100 times! Never sunk in! CRIPES!!! Thanks again!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice