1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp laserjet 6mp - orange light?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by keentolearn, Dec 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. keentolearn

keentolearn Thread Starter

hi all

i have had a hp laserjet 6mp working in the office for years without issue but...

now it has just stopped and the orange light (the top light of the three on the left hand top) just stays on.

i have searched for the user manual to find out what the light means - but i cant find it anywhere so does anyone know what it means?

if i click the round button above it the light next to the "c" (on its side) flash 9 times and then it goes back to the solid orange light.

any help would be very welcome and happy christmas to you all!

as ever
    keen to learn..

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

3. keentolearn

hi

thanks for the link but i have been through all of these already.

it seems that hp don't offer the user manual that comes with the printer on-line - the other manuals available don't cover the lights and their meaning (sorry if they do - but i have looked over them and couldn't find it)

thanks anyway - any one have the manual, or know the meaning of the mystic lights?
    as ever
    keen to learn..

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I found this at another site, perhais it'll be helpful.

5. keentolearn

hi

thanks for that. i read the post and this prompted me to start looking closer and pulling off a few covers. i removed the printer cart and.... there was a jammed piece of paper!

all fixed now, thanks for the help
    as ever
    keen to learn..

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Thanks for the feedback.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the upper right of the screen.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/529152