HP Laserjet IIIp Mechanical Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hipinoy

It appears that my HP Laserjet IIIp has a mechanical problem. When I attempt to print, just as the paper starts to feed, it spews toner, the "paper jam" error message appears, and it stops. No amount of hitting the reset button, adjusting the paper, etc., helps. It would appear that something is wrong with the feed mechanism (rollers and such).

My questions are; is this probem fixable? If so, how? It may be a 15 year old machine but until now, it's been very reliable. It fits right in with the rest of my antiquated computer equipment. I may have to upgrade everything if I replace it.

CPD:

Try another toner cartridge. If it does not do the trick, look on ebay for another LaserjetIII.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Truthfully, I'd replace it. The repair will cost more than a new laser printer. I've repaired a couple of them myself, but if you're not up to ripping it apart and doing the mechanical work, it will not be cost effective.

I sure wouldn't invest in another toner cartridge for this thing until you're sure that's the problem. Why throw more money at the problem with no real warranty of success?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online