hp mini touchpad stopped working after using external mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kimbers

my laptop mini touchpad stopped working after using an external usb mouse.
have downloaded new driver from hp and windows but nothing workd.
also on the mouse tabs synaptics ps2 pointing devise is in the hardware tab not not in the device settings tab .
have uninstalled software and drivers reinstalled still not working im sure it should be in the device settings box after u click on mouse properties.
how can i get it to appear in the devise settings again as im sure that is the prob...
all this after using external mouse PLEASE HELP:mad:

etaf

Wayne
i have moved to hardware - where you should get more response

is there a F key that enables / disables the mouse pad - I know various makes have this option often F9 or F11 sometimes in combination with the FN key

whats in device manager under mice

what windows version do you have 7, xp ?

kimbers

tx etaf.
im running win 7 starter comes with machine have tried all hotkeys etc etc
nothing is in device manager but mouse and touchpad are in hardware tab but not devise man tab im sure this is the reason but have no idea how to get it to appear there ty

etaf

Wayne
what's under mice in device manager - can we see a screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

post a screen shot of the device manager - mice

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online