Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP mini will not connect to a secured wireless network

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  neverhadsomany 
#1 ·
I'm having the same problem as another user Baduga whose thread is copied below. I did download the driver version 5.60.48.31 for the Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN device which was released February 03, 2010. However, when I try to connect to a secured wireless network it seems to see the router, but just spins and spins with the message "acquiring network address" and it never actually connects.

Baduga, below, also had this problem once the drivers were updated. He reported the fix was by following the instructions on HP customer service page that flavallee linked earlier. It turns out my password was missing from the association page of the wireless network connection.

Can someone give that link again, and be explicit about what you have to do to get to the association page of the wireless network connection, and exactly which password needs to be entered there/

Many thanks, NeverHadSoMany (Problems with Wireless Connections)

Success at last!

Here is the support and software site for the HP Mini 1035NR netbook. You need to add and save this site to your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

It came with Windows XP Home Edition SP3 pre-installed.

Here is the link to driver version 5.60.48.31 for the Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN device which was released February 03, 2010.

Download and save the driver, close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install the driver, then restart your computer.

I'll leave you with TerryNet from this point on if you need any further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------

baduga

Junior Member with 13 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
13-Dec-2010, 04:35 PM #20
Great! I try this and let you know if it works. Thanks

flavallee

Trusted Advisor with 35,591 posts.

Experience: Advanced
13-Dec-2010, 05:02 PM #21
Please keep us posted and advise if you need further help.

----------------------------------------------------------------

baduga

13-Dec-2010, 10:37 PM #22
Downloaded driver, didn't change a thing. Ready to pull my hair out.

baduga

13-Dec-2010, 11:20 PM #23
Ok guys, after all this, I finally fixed it by following the instructions on HP customer service page that flavallee linked earlier. It turns out my password was missing from the association page of the wireless network connection. Once I imput my password, click on explorer and there it was!..finally connected! No more "acquiring address" either!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.