1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Notebook Overheating Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Tech-Related News' started by ~Candy~, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator Thread Starter

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Did this happen to you, Candy?

Reminds me of the exploding Dell/Apple batteries...

3. ~Candy~

Me? :eek: Heavens no, I'd never buy an HP laptop :eek: :p

4. ACA529

ACA529

I have an Acer laptop and it stays very cool.

I always thought that HP made good laptops. I guess I was wrong.

5. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    I have Asus laptop and sometimes it is hot because i use this laptop on my comfy bed :)

6. ~Candy~

You should NEVER use a laptop on your comfy bed.

7. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Well many people does it... including my sister.. When i leave laptop on, i leave on table but it's too small.

8. ACA529

ACA529

I use my laptop on my bed all the time. What's the problem with it?

9. ~Candy~

You're blocking the air flow, which will create overheating.

10. ACA529

ACA529

The air flow is not on the bottom of the laptop...

11. ~Candy~

Sorry, but, mine has air vents on the bottom, both laptops. My Sony and my Toshiba. My Toshiba fans are on the bottom, 2 of them.

Do whatever you wish, I'm certainly not here to debate the fact that it's foolish to allow the computer to become hot, as was mentioned above. Tear it up (y) Just don't blame the manufacturer when something dies (y)

12. ACA529

ACA529

Air vents on the bottom simply do not make sense... they are called LAPtops for a reason.

Can you not have your laptop sit on a table without the ventilation being blocked?

13. ~Candy~

My laptop can sit on a table without the ventilation being blocked....that's why they have little feet on them :rolleyes: There is space between the bottom of the laptop and the table.

I'm not sure where you're going with this...air vents on the bottom don't make sense? :confused: I'm not the designer. I didn't put them there. Facts are facts.

I think they are called laptops because they are PORTABLE. I have used my laptop on my LAP for short periods of time, that would give more airflow than putting it on your fluffy bed.

I think this all started with CCM saying his laptop was getting HOT. My point is that if your laptop on your fluffy bed is getting hot and you KNOW it's getting hot because of that, you are foolish to keep using it while it's getting hotter.....

That's my last post on this thread. I guess I should have put it in Civilized Debate :rolleyes: I didn't realize that an infomercial post would go so far astray :rolleyes:

14. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Wrong! :) Virtually every laptop I've ever seen, and all four of the ones I have here right now have the air intake on the bottom, and the exhaust out one of the sides. If your laptop doesn't take air in the bottom, it's a rare bird.

15. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but every notebook I've seen for the past few years has had air vents (and usually fans) facing down. As Candy mentioned, they rely on being lifted up with the "feet" on the bottom of the notebook.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752631

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice