HP Notebook Overheating Class Action Lawsuit

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
Did this happen to you, Candy?

Reminds me of the exploding Dell/Apple batteries...

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Me? :eek: Heavens no, I'd never buy an HP laptop :eek: :p

I have an Acer laptop and it stays very cool.

I always thought that HP made good laptops. I guess I was wrong.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You should NEVER use a laptop on your comfy bed.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
You're blocking the air flow, which will create overheating.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Sorry, but, mine has air vents on the bottom, both laptops. My Sony and my Toshiba. My Toshiba fans are on the bottom, 2 of them.

Do whatever you wish, I'm certainly not here to debate the fact that it's foolish to allow the computer to become hot, as was mentioned above. Tear it up (y) Just don't blame the manufacturer when something dies (y)

Sorry, but, mine has air vents on the bottom, both laptops. My Sony and my Toshiba. My Toshiba fans are on the bottom, 2 of them.

Do whatever you wish, I'm certainly not here to debate the fact that it's foolish to allow the computer to become hot, as was mentioned above. Tear it up (y) Just don't blame the manufacturer when something dies (y)
Air vents on the bottom simply do not make sense... they are called LAPtops for a reason.

Can you not have your laptop sit on a table without the ventilation being blocked?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
My laptop can sit on a table without the ventilation being blocked....that's why they have little feet on them :rolleyes: There is space between the bottom of the laptop and the table.

I'm not sure where you're going with this...air vents on the bottom don't make sense? :confused: I'm not the designer. I didn't put them there. Facts are facts.

I think they are called laptops because they are PORTABLE. I have used my laptop on my LAP for short periods of time, that would give more airflow than putting it on your fluffy bed.

I think this all started with CCM saying his laptop was getting HOT. My point is that if your laptop on your fluffy bed is getting hot and you KNOW it's getting hot because of that, you are foolish to keep using it while it's getting hotter.....

That's my last post on this thread. I guess I should have put it in Civilized Debate :rolleyes: I didn't realize that an infomercial post would go so far astray :rolleyes:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
The air flow is not on the bottom of the laptop...
Wrong! :) Virtually every laptop I've ever seen, and all four of the ones I have here right now have the air intake on the bottom, and the exhaust out one of the sides. If your laptop doesn't take air in the bottom, it's a rare bird.

TechGuy

Mike
Administrator
I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but every notebook I've seen for the past few years has had air vents (and usually fans) facing down. As Candy mentioned, they rely on being lifted up with the "feet" on the bottom of the notebook.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online