Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

hp notebook pc 2000 is dead :(

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  flavallee 
#1 ·
hi i have a dead laptop, the only light that turns on is that one from the adapter when i pluggit

there's no other sing o electricity when i press the ṕower button

i already open it and nothing is disconnected

i have a multimeter, what tests can you recommendme before i buy a new motherboard?

I already tested the button with the continuity beep sounding only when i pressit and make a contact between the 1st and 3rd contact in the ribbon cable, but in the 4th and 6th contact the beep sounds even if im not pushing it, is this normal? maybe because of the light that comes in the button?

im still learning trough internet to repair computers, and i bought an multimeter, what other tests can i do to the motherboard?

i ve been searching for information or videos but there arent many of laptops, but i cand upload images of the motherboard if someon cand help me?

thanks i hope you have understood my english im still learning!, thanks for your time.

the model is hp notebook pc 2000, and i still dont know what could happened to this laptop because it was fine before this happenned.

See less See more
#2 ·
One quick test would be to remove the battery from the laptop and apply power to the motherboard through the power adapter. Then use your meter to carefully check the solder pads for the power input connector for the proper voltage. A lack of voltage could indicate a broken wire inside the power cable or a broken solder connection for the input jack.

#3 ·
The HP 2000 series laptops are low quality models that come with Windows 8 and sell for about $300.00 at "Walmart" and other electronics stores.

I would be hesitant to replace its motherboard or spend any sizeable amount of money on it.

---------------------------------------------------------

#4 ·
hi thanks for your time

i hope you can see this image:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8akXjJnsiMablNCZWV2Q3FWczg/edit?usp=sharing

in wich of the seven contacts should i put the red and the black of the multimeter to not harm the mb

i knnow is a very bad brand of laptop but this one is wich my mother uses fow his job and is the one she could afford, i told her that it would be expensive but she thinks it is even more expensive to buy a new one and she needs it to her work

thanks i hope you cand help to test it with multimeter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.