1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP notebook wireless wlan stuck on disabled\! help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lonewolf1994, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lonewolf1994

lonewolf1994 Thread Starter

first off, forgive me if this is the wrong section. i signed up here to ask this question, because i am tired of searching the web for a fix.

ok.. i'm really sick of this notebook.. all it has is problems.. yesterday i turned it off normally and today i turned it on to find the wifi wlan set as disabled. when i go to the hp wireless assist it says lan is disabled and it links me to device manager. i checked all drivers in network adapters and they are all enabled. i tried pressing the wifi button on the front of the screen and turning it back on, but it still says wlan disabled.
    i tried alot of solutions i found on the web, tried doing it in safe mode with network, it didnt work. tried restarting, it didnt work. tried entering the bios folder and pressing F9 reseting the settings to factory settings or some crap and it didnt work.

Also apart from this problem i have ANOTHER problem. when i turn on my notebook and it goes on the log in screen, the sceen stays BLACK. i can hear the sound of when it goes on the log in screen. but it stays black. in order to make it work i have to hold the power down, turn it off, and reattempt to turn it on.. sometimes im lucky and it turns on.. sometimes im not.

i got a hp pavilon DV7.. help please. lol.. cant believe how much i spent on this crap of a notebook.. i'm never buying another HP product again. (had another problem with it. the HD was screwy. had to lose EVERYTHING and change it.) for gods sake i only had this notebook for what.. a year? and its already screwed up. i take good care of it as well... please.. help

edit: right now i'm attempting system restore..

2. lonewolf1994

lonewolf1994 Thread Starter

please.. someone.. help

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Bumping your thread just 14 minutes after you created it won't get you faster replies, This is a volunteer forum and is not manned 24/7 by paid personnel and at the time of day that you posted originally there may have been noone on the forums who felt qualified to help. A general rule is that if you don't get a reply after approximately 24 hours, then bump your thread.

That said, If a restore to factory condition does not correct the problem, I would say there is a hardware issue. If the laptop still has warranty left I would be contacting HP for a warranty repair of replacement. HP/Compaq laptops have had some hardware problems (though Overheating seems to be the main one), and this may be one problem related to the rest of HPs laptop problems.

4. raybro

raybro

Take a look in Network Connections (in the control panel). If the hardware is OK, you should be able to right-click the wireless connection and select enable.

BTW.. What OS?

5. Firebreather

Firebreather

I have seen something called "HP Wireless Assistant". And there's a keyboard shortcut (probably pressing f12) to enable all wireless devices. Have you tried it?

6. EndpointWatcher

EndpointWatcher

I have recommended a product called AirStop. It controls WiFi and other communications adapters on your laptop at the driver level. If you install AirStop, you can set the WiFi adapter to "Always Enabled" and solve your problem. It bypasses Windows and other adapter control mechanisms. Just Google AirStop Endpoint Security to find it. Good Luck.

7. Firebreather

Firebreather

I don't think we'll be receiving a reply from the OP... It's been nearly a month...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice