1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP NX9105 Laptop Synaptics Touchpad not working at all

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bondoss, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bondoss

Bondoss Thread Starter

My first post! Hopefully NOT one of many.

I recently got a secondhand HP NX9105 laptop. I reformatted the hard drive and installed Windows XP (SP3).

All worked fine, except the touchpad isnÂ’t working.

I could not see a driver for it so I went onto HP support website and downloaded the Synaptics driver (sp35444). The install got interrupted with the message "This Synaptics pointing device installation package does not support one or more of your pointing devices and will not be installedÂ…".

I then tried the Alps driver (sp25796) and that installed (is visible in the Add/Remove Programs), but the touchpad still didn't work and it doesn't appear in either the Device Manager or in Control Panel->Mouse->Hardware tab.

Next I tried to install another version of the Synaptics driver (sp27681). This one installed so I then rebooted the laptop.

The touchpad still doesn't work, but now I have the Synaptics Device Settings tab in my Mouse settings. The problem is that all the buttons are grayed out and no devices are listed.

Is it possible that this is a hardware fault or is there anything else I need to download?

I'm really stuck now, please help...

2. peck1234

peck1234

well heres your drivers....

You touch pad should automatically just "work" with no special drivers...

Mabe it broke...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/836101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice