1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Office Jet 7310 document feeder not taking paper

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by StephenJ8910, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephenJ8910

StephenJ8910 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a HP 7310 and for over a year the ADF (AutoDocument Feeder) hasnt been taking paper. I finally looked into it today and found some documents that helped me figure out the inner workings of the device. To no avail, I can not get it to work properly. I can get it to work if I manually turn the feeder mechanism after turning the mechanism the additional pages will feed but then I am back to it not working unless I do the same thing again.

From what I can near the cog at the end of the feeder shaft that is near the motor assembly there is a white cogged wheel in the assembly and beyond that a black mechanism that must be "Y" shaped with 2 of the tines having their own cogged wheels that cantilever. That mechanism looks to be working in one direction but not the other unless I manually spin the mechanisms axle to get it started.

Does anyone know what the solution might be? Is there something loose? I think I might need to replace the motor assembly but am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Hughv

Hughv

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920313

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice