1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP officejet 3830 user Intervention required

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AgileWhisk, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AgileWhisk

AgileWhisk Thread Starter

I just bought a new HP officejet 3830 wireless printer and have set it up and installed the drivers on my laptop. It is properly connected to my network and I am able to print to it from my phone and via the printers email (which will print files I email to it). However the laptop I installed the printer from won't seem to print. The printer shows up and I can send the job, but it always gets stuck in the print queue and is never actually processed. It always says "user intervention required" when I attempt to print anything from my laptop and the only thing I seem to be able to do is cancel the job or clear the queue.

I have already tried downloading and running HP's printer doctor support program, but that hasn't fixed anything. I have also run the windows 8 troubleshooter which also did not find any issues.

The laptop and the printer are on the same network, just like my phone, but I don't understand why my phone can print to it but the laptop cannot.

In short:
    New HP officejet 3830 wireless printer cannot print from laptop but can from phone and through email.
    Attempted HP print doctor and windows 8 troubleshooter with no results.
    Print jobs from laptop appear stuck in queue and do not print.

2. AgileWhisk

Well it seems I found a temporary solution. Every time I queue a print job if I go into services and manually restart the printer spooler service, the print job goes through to the printer and prints properly. Though I don't wish to have to restart the spooler service every time I need to print something, it should be able to print without needing to restart every time.

3. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

4. AgileWhisk

The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5100 running windows 8.1
    Part number: PSCMLU-0510E4
    Serial number: ZE245505P

It has an expired Mcafee antivirus as well as the free subscription to Avast! antivirus.
    It is using the default windows 8.1 firewall.
    The computer only has one account with admin permissions.
    Turning off the firewall did not yield results.
    I am currently running the SFC and will post again later when it finishes

5. AgileWhisk

I have also installed the drivers on a second laptop also running 8.1 and run into the same issues. I'm starting to think this may be a driver issue? Both time's I have gone to the manufacturers site and downloaded the full software package for the correct printer.

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

If the system file check does not find any errors proceed as below

1. Follow this
    https://service.mcafee.com/webcente...showHeader=false&_adf.ctrl-state=r693koe8p_49
    running both the uninstall from programs and features and the MCPR
    Run that MCPR tool even if it uninstalls from programs and features

2. Reboot the computer

3. Disable AVAST by right clicking on your avast icon and turning off the shields

4. Uninstall the present driver for the printer from programs and features and any others listings for the printer
    REBOOT
    Download as here presuming Windows 8.12 is 64 bit
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...es/7172321/model/7172322/swItemId/mp-147826-2
    Install this with AVAST disabled

REBOOT

5. Re enable AVAST
    Check again please if working

The REBOOTS are vital

6. Please post results of the system file check and of the above

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1208814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice