1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP OfficeJet 4630 won't connect to my Surface Pro 4

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Joonbog, Oct 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joonbog

Joonbog Thread Starter

Hi there. I recently set up a new wireless network on both my tablet and wireless printer. In the past, I was using my own personal hotspot on my phone as my network, however my neighbor and I are now sharing a network.

I am able to sign on to the new network, using the network key given to me by my neighbor and both the printer and tablet (individually) connect to the new network.

However, when I go into my tablet to connect the printer to the tablet via wireless connection, it can not find the printer. I have tried uninstalling the printer and re-installing. I have tried signing out of the network on both places and re-signing in.

They connect to the new network just fine but cannot see each other to connect. I've shut off the firewall settings on my tablet, I've changed the "share this printer" and "make device discoverable" settings on each and nothing is working.

I have also asked my neighbor to "reset" his router to no avail.

I am pretty frustrated and hope that you can help me.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Just an FYI, internet providers doesn't allow neighbours sharing their services so be mindful of this if they start coming knocking on your door.

[inappropriate "help" deleted by mod]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2019
  3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Closing, as this appears to be against the terms of service of the neighbor's internet provider.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice