HP Officejet 5746 Not Printing Error

Ovivtopher

So, it seems after the most recent Windows 10 update, my printer is no longer printing from my desktop. all I get is a 'printing error' message on the status of the print job. Nothing shows what the error is. The printer prints if I send a doc from my phone and the scanner option is communicating with my desktop. I have run the HP Scan Doctor, have gone through all the HP troubleshooting steps including removing the printer and reinstalling. Do I wait for a patch, or is there something I can do to remedy the error.

Oddba11

Jim
I assume by "removing the printer and reinstalling" you mean that you simply removed or deleted it from the hardware list? Have you tried uninstalling the software / drivers, rebooting, and then performing a fresh install of the latest version of the software?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
THIS is the most current software driver package for it.

-------------------------------------------------

Ovivtopher

Oddba11, I did an actual uninstall from the Control Panel menu and reinstalled software/drivers from the HP website (which flavallee links to). I also did a CC Cleaner to remove any remaining software related to the printer. The system has been turned off and on, mulitple times, as has the printer since doing the uninstall/install. My system just did an update (on it's own), and still it does not print.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm a die-hard user of HP DeskJet models and avoid using HP OfficeJet models because of all the issues they're known to have.
I wish you good luck in getting your printing issue resolved.

-------------------------------------------------

Oddba11

Jim
Do you get the Windows Test Print when the installation is complete?

I've always used Canon printers, but the process and outcome should be the same. When the software installation is complete, it sends a test print to the printer. That is verification that the software installed properly, and everything is functional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online