Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Officejet 8100 pro network issue

540 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MisterEd51 
#1 ·
Windows 7 pro. Networked HP Officejet 8100 Pro. Prints a test page Ok, but gives an error saying printer not found when trying to print an Excel document or other documents. Other network printers show up in Registry (current users, printers). One suggestion is I edit the registry and delete the printer spoiler. This is how I found out it doesn’t show up in the registry. The other network printer shows up. This is a home network. All printers show up in control Panel, this is how I was able to print test page. Forgot to mention it’s a wired connection, not WiFi

#2 ·
Wired through USB?
1. Click the orb (start button).
2. In the right column click on Devices and printers.
You'll see something like this.
Output device Gadget Font Rectangle Machine

Does it appear in the list of Devices and printers. The above picture is a Windows 7 computer that has a 5550 connected to the computer by USB and the 2600 is wireless. I can print to either on our home network.

If it is not showing up here, go to the top and click Add printer.

I have NEVER dealt with the registry when removing items from a print queue, starting and stopping print spooler service.
I edit the registry and delete the printer spoiler.
hmm, you might have broken something by deleting a Windows service. The spooler service is stopped and started through the Admin Tools, not through the registry.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Screenshot

#3 ·
Wired through USB?
1. Click the orb (start button).
2. In the right column click on Devices and printers.
You'll see something like this.
View attachment 288432

Does it appear in the list of Devices and printers. The above picture is a Windows 7 computer that has a 5550 connected to the computer by USB and the 2600 is wireless. I can print to either on our home network.

If it is not showing up here, go to the top and click Add printer.

I have NEVER dealt with the registry when removing items from a print queue, starting and stopping print spooler service.
hmm, you might have broken something by deleting a Windows service. The spooler service is stopped and started through the Admin Tools, not through the registry.
View attachment 288433
Hi, Thanks for the reply. The printer shows up in devices and printers. It is not attached to the computer via a USB wire, it's attached to the network via a Cat5 cable from the printer directly to the router. I didn't delete the spooler service from the registery, because for some reason the registery doesn't show this printer...it does show other networked printers. I will check services in the admin tools and perhaps the spooler has been stopped or is not listed as an automatic startup type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.