HP parts used with Acer just hear me out

SoullessOffroad

So I had a hp pavilion 15-n080ca with 15.6" screen . Having looked up the specs I believe it is a touch screen, AMD cpu with 750GB hdd and 8GB 2RX8 PC3L . I kept the screen , hard drive , ram , motherboard as well as keyboard. The casing , mouse and hinges were busted when I was asked if I wanted it for parts . Ironically I used the hard drive in a $100 used asus g72gx that came my way a couple months later . Now the asus over heats and will only work with the ethernet cable and has windows 7 HP SP1 . A week ago my future mother in law asked if I wanted an acer aspire e1 V5WE2 (LA-9532P) touchscreen with 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L and 500GB hdd . The issue with it being broken screen . I noticed the acer has room to solder in a second slot for RAM which I could take from the HP , however after some careful tinkering and playing "lego" with some tape , screws and screen holding brackets I now have the hp screen in the acers screen housing and pins both seem to be the same 40 pin . I have already had it plugged in once , blue light , turned on but no power to screen or beep heard . Not sure if I have the pin upside down , the screens are not compatible or if I need a install disc or bios switch . I only have this thought up as I am not in a position to really purchase a used laptop let alone new due to health and safety as well as covid19 and being on assistance until I can reapply for disabilty (90% of 1st time applicants are denied) . Any help would be appreciated as the asus g72gx I think will end up like my acer aspire 5750G that overheated and now will not power on or power up whatsoever now (I had my wifi and bluetooth hacked and multiple devices accessed remotely and overheated , to keep it short)

Gr3iz

Mark
Greetings and welcome to TSG!!

If the screens are not the same part number, there is little chance of them being used interchangeably. Even if they have the same connector, they may very well be pinned differently internally.

SoullessOffroad

Thanks for the help. Well that really sucks. I have 3 broken laptops and 1 that overheats. I guess I will have to look for a place that has a buy/sell/trade in the hopes that some of my parts can be used and find the screen I require for the newest laptop of the 4 (5 if you include the hp motherboard and screen)

Gr3iz

Mark
There is a possibility that the one that overheats could be repaired by cleaning off and replacing the thermal compound from the CPU/GPU heatsink. No guarantees, but it could help ...

SoullessOffroad

You must be referring to the asus g72gx rog . I have thought of that and now just need to wait for my cheque to order some online as the small "city" I live in (8,000 for population but apparently a city) literally has Walmart , Canadian Tire , a local computer store called Wilsons and a hobo version of the source that doubles as a local cellphone carrier and mobile phone service provider. I pretty much have it figured that the acer 5750G either needs a new motherboard, cpu or power supply board for the power button and motherboard. I noticed that the cpu holder flexes on the motherboard and the silicone has detached the metal from it slightly. Assuming that will cause power loss or damage I removed the motherboard and have the laptop sitting in a box . Shame though as it had 2 spots for RAM and having 3 8gb 2rx8 pc3l RAM sets and the 2 4gb it came with initially would have allowed 16 GB of memory vs 8 or 12 . It was faster then my acer aspire es1-732, although in all fairness the es1-732 only has 1 ram slot but only needs a screen/lcd to work . I tried to use a TV but the es1-732 would not project to the tv via hdmi or vga to hdmi / hdmi to vga .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts