HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows 7 over Free Dos

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

prophet4see

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately i can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error i keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths i have and the available folders, i can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, i've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but i always get to the same point where i have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Here is the support site for the HP Pavilion 15-n252sq (G1N07EA) laptop.

According to its product specifications section, it does comes with FreeDOS.

You should read this section:

How to - Software/Operating System - Operating System - Windows 7

It looks like this laptop was designed for Windows 8.1 64-bit.

---------------------------------------------------------

prophet4see

Hi flavallee,

Thx for your reply - i've read the info in the above mentioned link, but i can't find any specification that the laptop was designed for Windows 8.1 . As i see from the link, it should support both W7 and W8... to back this up, on the drivers page there is also an option for Windows 7 64-bit.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've already been to the drivers lists.

There is a partial drivers list for Windows 7 64-bit.

There is a full drivers list for Windows 8.1 64-bit.

The laptop has a Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) instead of a Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) - which is what new HP computers with Windows 8/8.1 now have.

Even if you're able to get Windows 7 64-bit installed and running in that laptop, there's no guarantee that all of its devices will work.

prophet4see

Ok, saw it now - the full list of drivers for 8.1. I will give it a try a bit later, once i arrive @home, and post here the results.

Thanks again for your assistance.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You're welcome, and good luck.

prophet4see

I took your advice and installed W8.1 and I'm happy to say that it worked like a charm. But now i can't install the Nvidia adapter since it says it's missing. In device manager there is a 3D video controller driver not installed, and won't install regardless of me installing all the chipset drivers. Any thoughts on that?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I've never owned a computer with Windows 8.1, so I'm not aware of any issues with installing drivers.

According to the hardware specs for your computer, it has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 840M graphics device.

This appears to be the driver (sp65437.exe) for it.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online