1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp pavilion 590-p0 ssd drive upgrade- help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by icudave, Jun 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icudave

icudave Thread Starter

Hello all,
    here is what I have

HP pavilion desktop 590-p0xxx
    windows 10 home
    version 10.0.18362 build 18362
    Intel Core i7-8700 (3.2 GHz base frequency, up to 4.6 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, 6 cores)
    64 bit
    BIOS version AMI F.22, 2/18/2019
    12.0 GB ram
    UHD Graphics 630
    I'm using a LG tv OLED 55E8PUA. 55 inch for my monitor.
    1 terabyte hard drive with 16 GB Intel Optane Memory
    I think this link will give you more information if you need, if not, please ask
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05994886

What I want to do is... take out the 1 terabyte hard drive with 16 GB Intel Optane Memory and put in maybe 256 gig ssd drive, it has One M.2 socket. I just don't need tons of space.
    What's the best and fastest drive? M.2 socket? the M.2 come different lengths, right?
    So.. what lenght should I get?
    When I get done with that I'm going to put in a Gigabyte Video Card GV-N1030D5-2GL GT 1030 Low Profile 2GB GDDR5 64Bit DVI-D that I already have.
    Thanks, Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1229350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice