1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion 7935 Memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nightcrwlr, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nightcrwlr

nightcrwlr Thread Starter

a few weeks ago I had a problem with the memory in my Dad's computer requiring me to get new memory sticks. When I turned the computer on this morning, I received the same error beeps as a few weeks ago.
    Does anyone know of existing problems with the Pavilion 7935 motherboard, that causes it to burn out the memory, or anything that may help?

2. nightcrwlr

BTW, the motherboard is a trigem Santafe

3. rmay635703

rmay635703

Thats a simple 200mhz ddr bus pc100 sdram system, correct?

Unless something is flakey it should not burn out ram, although if your psu is putting out too much voltage on the 3.3v line it can cause that problem if the board lacks onboard regulation.

The ram should still be under warranty and be replaceable. You might have gotten bit by some bad ram OR your motherboard might be failing.

Try reinserting the ram and see if it magically works, I have one board that gives memory beeps every time it is moved and if I reinstall the ram it magically works again until the next move.

The only other possibility which probably doesn't even apply is if your SDRAM has a voltage jumper (this old slot a athlon sitting by me does as it supports EDO) and it is for whatever reason set to something other than 3.3v. There should be a jumper labled 3.3v/5v if this is the case.

Good Luck

4. nightcrwlr

Thnx Rmay, I think your right about the type of memory, but since my Dad decided to get a new computer, the HP will become spare parts (never have enuff IMO). I did look to see if there were any jumpers by the mem slots, but there weren't, oh well.
    I hope he kept the receipt from the RAM, tho

Thanx again for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172130

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice