1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hp pavilion battery/AC adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tatesrocks, Sep 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatesrocks

tatesrocks Thread Starter

The battery in my hp pavilion 4400 is drained. I plugged the computer into the AC adapter all night. In the morning, the battery is still drained and the computer will not turn on, even with the adapter plugged in. I'm thinking a bad AC adapter. Any thoughts? Also, if the adapter needs to be replaced, will an off brand less expensive adapter work, or should I stick with the hp brand?

Send responses to: [email protected]

Thanks

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Just had to get one for my laptop...check for original WOW!!! went for off brand and works fine even if it only last a year I can still by 3 of them as opposed to the original.Just make sure you take your old one with you so you get one that is ok.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd start by checking the output of the A/C Adapter, no sense in buying one if that's not the issue.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/399807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice