hp pavilion crashes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

j.p.913

I got this coputer from a girlfriend it was a 256. she had the computer on all the time so when i got it from her she sd ater reinstalling windows it would fix the problem so i went and got a new hard drive and added new ram to make it a 512 and reinstalled windows after doing so the same problem happens it shuts down but the power is still on the computer. this morining before i could even the admistrator pass word in it crashed. around christmas though i used it and this problem never happened. does anybody have a clue on what it could be?

Based on the little amount of info, I can only guess that this is a Heat related issue?

Try running the PC with the side of the case off, so that there is more ventilation. While you have it open make sure that all/any fans are running properly and unobstructed by any wires or ribbon cables, etc.

Boot into safe mode. A bad driver or program trying to startup may cause this. It may also be a bad power supply. I had a similar problem with my computer randomly turning off and it was the power supply.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online