1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion Desktop a730n with Windows XP crashed after System Restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by edll, Feb 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edll

edll Thread Starter

Hello everyone

I have this big problem with my HP Pavilion a730n Desktop. After doing the System Restore setting the restore point on February 14, the monitor turned off and the computer just freezes. I unplugged the PC a couple of times and plugged again but it just stays the same, it freezes!!!

Hope you can help me! Don't know what to do!!! :(

Thanks in advance

EDLL

2. Lance1

Lance1

How long did you leave the computer unplugged? If you just unplugged and plugged in right away your not giving the hardware time to reset. Unplug the computer and leave it sit for a bought 10 minutes. That should be enough time for the system to reset. I suspect it may be a hardware lock. Not ruling out software as yet.

3. edll

edll Thread Starter

Thank you
    It worked... A hardware lock? What is that? Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!