1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion dv5 Vista 64bit System Restore

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by valerierae, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valerierae

valerierae Thread Starter

So I posted a question about a nightmare sticky-filter-toggle-mouse scroll-kets situation I was having. After trying every suggestion I could find I decided it was best to do a system restore.
    That was 3 hours ago.
    I got my manual and pressed f11 and it said press f11 for system restore so I did it so I'm sure thats the program I'm in, but for 3 hours all its done is the same thing over and over and over...says "windows is loading files" and then goes through a reboot process. Some people posted things similar to this but mentioned a blue screen- I have no blue screen and no real idle time. Just the normal reboot screens and the "windows is loading files" screen.

Is this normal? I hope so. I cant deal with more computer nonsense today!

2. valerierae

well...it wasnt normal. I hit restart and the REAL restore came up. Stupid computer. I'd only rebooted like 3 times previously. It just waits until I get desperate, pull out the work computer and plea online for help.

3. valerierae

So, the restore process was successful (I think) but its stuck in this reboot cycle. It says "windows is loading files", just like it did before I was able to finally get the restore process to work. Then it reboots and repeats over and over. My laptop is totally worthless now, what is going on? How can I get it out of this??

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

It may be time for professional hands on help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917604

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice