Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Pavilion dv6000 Laptop Screen Broken. Help!

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
I have an HP Pavilion dv6000. However, the problem is that the screen's dead and I can't see for love nor money anything on it to be able to connect a TV screen to it to be able to use it as an external screen. The machine itself still works, the screen's just on the blink. I have NO idea what keyboard commands I'd have to use to blindly connect the TV to the laptop to make the TV turn into a computer screen. I have one cable attached to both the TV and the laptop, but do I need another? I think the cable I have right now is a VGA. Would you help, please? It's really important.

Don't think I need to mention the OS in this forum, but just cuz it's reminding me to do so in the banner - Windows Vista lol

Thank you!

#4 ·
Yes i mean you can buy a vga to hdmi converter.
here is a post maby its can help you out.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/activate-vga-output-36010.html

Laptop Hot-key
Most laptops include a dedicated key combination for switching to the external VGA monitor. Typically, the hot-key involves holding the "Function" or "Fn" key and pressing one of the numbered function keys on the top of the keyboard. The proper key is usually depicted with a picture of a monitor. Consult your laptop's manual for the exact key combination.

Hope its helps
Best regards
Danni

#5 ·
Are you sure it's the screen and not the motherboard/graphics chip? The DV6000 series were plagued with GPU failures as well as many other issues, they were one of the worst lines HP ever made.

The second or external screen should come on automatically, if not try pressing FN and F4 together.

Also, if a VGA cable doesn't work why would an adapter from VGA to HDMI work? It won't and that's bad advice.

I would try to connect the laptop to a friend's or family member's monitor that also has a VGA port and see if it works there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.