Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

HP Pavilion F10

6K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Duamax 
#1 ·
I was about to do a restore on my computer today. I restarted my computer and hit the F10 key like always, but nothing happens, the computer just restarts. I tried it repeatedly with the same result. I went back to my computer and seen that the restore partition is still there can anyone tell me why I cannot get my restore working? Is there a way around this I mean is there another way to activate my restore?

#7 ·
Ok talked to my friend this is what he said I copyed and past it.

I haven't heard of systerm recovery but heard of system restore. If he's got Windows XP, go to START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, SYSTEM TOOLS, SYSTEM RESTORE. Next, the default option is "restore my computer to an earlier time". Leave it at that, click NEXT, you will then get a calendar. Click on a date that you see in bold and has a large font. The number of the date will look bigger than the other date numbers. You can select a date to revert back to a date where you last had your computer in a working state before a virus or serious error had occurred. Click NEXT and it will either confirm your option or it will start restoring. Let the computer do the rest.

This may be what I think you're talking about. If not, I have not heard of anything called "system recovery." I don't know anything about the COMMAND line. If you're referring to clicking START, then RUN, I only know "regedit" which I leave alone because changing anything can do some harm, and the other is "msconfig" in which you can select what programs to deactivate when Windows XP boots up.

#8 ·
For the full recovery F10 The problem might be that the recovery partition is no longer there. Did you make a recovery disk set? If so on some models of computer the making of a recovery disk set then removes certain information from the recovery partition and it might no longer be available.

To more adequately help you we would need to know more about your computer

We require more detailed and specific information
And Please fill in the questionnaire or Fill in the
Computer Specifications in your TSG profile

Please repost your request with:

Computer: Brand Name
Computer: Model Number

Age of system:

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Peripheral devices

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Other, and Service Pack Installed.
Are you dual booting on this computer?
If so what operating system is the other boot?
Name, version #, date of most recent AV signature file

Vdeo Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install anything before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

Any new programs or files that have recently appeared in your STARTUP menu or msconfig STARTUP listing

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

#9 ·
My recovery partition is still there. The only thing is I can no longer do restore my computer by restarting and hitting F10

Computer Information
HP Pavilion 505w
Windows Xp Home
1GB of Memory
2.19GHz Intel Celeron Processor

I am not sure why I am no longer able to access my restore partition, but I its there. I was just wondering if there was a way to manually start my recovery partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.