1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laurajgx, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurajgx

laurajgx Thread Starter

Hey guys!

Getting so frustrated as I don't know much about computers/tech talk and I have a ton of uni work to do!
    Anyway...

I use a HP Pavilion G series laptop/Pavilion G6, it starts up perfectly normal, leave it 5/10 minutes to start up and to load, once I've opened up whatever it is I am doing, e.g. Microsoft Word Doc, Google, YouTube, Facebook - not all at once - I get the Blue Screen with the stop message of:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent further damage to your computer.

Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
    If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, diable or remove any new installed hardware of software. Disable BIO memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

***STOP: 0x00000116 (0xFFFFFA800B9F54E0, 0xFFFFF88004AC280C, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002)

*** atikmpag.sys - Address FFFFF88004AC280C base at FFFFF88004ABB000, datestamp 4e82ea3d

It's happened 3 times in the last 2 hours.
    I've uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it's harmful and I've just done a windows update following the message that popped up on my screen which prompted me to restart my computer in order to complete the updates!

Please help someone who hasn't a clue about tech-y stuff! Much appreciated! x

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

1. welcome to Tech Support Guy

2. Open the windows folder
    open the minidump folder
    right click on the latest dump file in that folder
    hold your mouse on the entry send to
    on the next options that open will likely be send to compressed file
    if you left click that it will usually ask do you wish to place on desktop

then attach it on your reply by clicking go advanced and manage attachments

3. What OS please in full eg windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
    and which antivirus please

such as please - why would you opine that it may be harmful
    All I have is what you tell me so I need the details please

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146985

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice