1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion g7 Won't Power On

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AidogBot, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AidogBot

AidogBot Thread Starter

Ok, so my dad has this laptop that he said he broke recently when he tried to fix the internal fan. He told me that while doing so, he scraped a "sticker" of some kind inside of the laptop. He told me I could have the laptop if I fixed it. Anyone have any help for me to do with this? The device won't do so much as to have even one light on, so I think it has to do with the power.

2. larryh10000

larryh10000

You could try unplugging it and see if it has enough battery power to begin a boot process but most likely the battery is totally drained. I would suggest trying a known-working power cord and AC adapter charger and see it that helps.

Scraping a sticker off inside a computer concerns me as any foreign debris that may have been left inside the computer is worry-some. Also, please supply as much information/specifications about this laptop as possible.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  3. AidogBot

AidogBot Thread Starter

I just got some new info from my father. So what he told me is that he thinks the keyboards is like, rising or something and now it won't respond. The main problem is that it effects the on button so it doesn't respond correctly. Anyone know how to fix this?

4. larryh10000

larryh10000

When you say "on button" you mean the Power On button that one pushed to start a computer that is shut off?

I think the first concern would be no power to the computer because you mentioned that it doesn't even show evidence of having power. If you could get power to the computer then it may at least try to run the (POST -Power On Self Test) diagnostic testing sequence that a computer's basic input/output system (or "starting program") runs to determine if the computer keyboard, random access memory, disk drives, and other hardware are working correctly, but without power it can do nothing. If the POST did get far enough to find a component issue it will not boot up either, to protect the computer from more serious problems, but it just might give you a keyboard error message or something that can give you something to go on to troubleshoot further.

From your first post describing your fathers trying to fix an internal fan (what does he say was the outcome of trying to fix that internal fan - did he put in a new fan or was he able to fix the one that wan't working?)

Your father very likely had to remove the entire back panel of the laptop to get to that fan and also more than likely also had to remove the keyboard as well. Maybe he did not get the keyboard snapped back in fully when putting the laptop back together and which would also help explain that it looked "raised up", as he states.

Can you find a model number on that laptop and provide it here or (if your able to find a model number) type it into a search engine using something like this: The model number you found, followed by the words: user manual or specifications.

For those wishing to help you on this forum, it would be most helpful to know more about the system/laptop you are actually talking about.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  5. AidogBot

AidogBot Thread Starter

6. larryh10000

larryh10000

Thanks AidogBot

The document link you provided in your post #5 above (with your laptops specifications) should help a bunch for others on this forum to help out. Lot's a very smart people on this forum - I have used it for years and users here helped me fix many problems with my computers.

Best of luck - don't give up (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1212830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice