1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion Games on Win95

Discussion in 'Games' started by TrishConjure, Sep 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrishConjure

TrishConjure Thread Starter

I am trying to help a friend restore two games on a HP Pavilion with a Win95 OS. The .exe files are missing from the system for them. I copied the .pak file which looks like it may contain the files that I need, but I have never unpacked anything. Is it similar to unzipping files? Is there a tool that could help me this? I am trying to unpack them on my IBM which also runs on Win5.

2. McTimson

McTimson

Which games are you trying to restore? The .pak files contain information for the games, but not the exe's. You will probablt have to get the original installation CD's to get the exe's back.

3. TrishConjure

TrishConjure Thread Starter

The only thing that came with the PC is the recovery CD. It has a backup of all the original software, but doesn't give the option of restoring just those two. I really don't want all the others back on as they don't provide uninstall options so it is a pain to remove those that I don't use. Any way to copy just those two and add them back? HP doesn't make it very easy to modify things. The games that are missing are Tuts Tomb and Tick Tac Drop. tc

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/163413

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice