HP Pavilion HP windows reset WITHOUT admin username and pass

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jpereztheargus2

Hi,

I recently purchased a used HP Pavilion on craiglist. Unfortunately, the computer is full of bugs and viruses (ie pop ups and virus warning messages). In order to to clean the PC (ie remove files or download malware protection) I need admin username and password, but I don't have that and the gentleman I purchased the computer from does not know either.

Ive attempted to research methods to reset the computer and all methods have failed because I need admin credentials to reset the computer.

Is there a way to reset and erased the computer to its original factory settings? I also read I may need to buy a CD or download a rest to a cd or usb on another computer. Is there a reputable website to reset or refresh that is cheap or preferably free

TerryNet

Terry
What Windows was pre-installed when this PC was first sold?

If you can boot to the Recovery partition (see HP's web site Support section for instructions) then recover or reset to factory defaults.

Or, you may still be able to buy Recovery DVDs or USB flash drive from HP.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact serial number(S/N) and product number(P/N) and model number(M/N) on that "HP Pavilion"?
Once it's correctly identified, we can help you much better.
If its built-in factory recovery partition no longer exists, we should be able to locate the recovery media kit for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online