1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

HP Pavilion N3350

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cheryl, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cheryl

Cheryl Thread Starter

I purchased a HP Pavilion N3350/Windows 98 - 2nd edition - 56K modem laptop on June 29, 2000. In October we were having problems with the icon changing to battery even though we had it plugged in to the power source - sent it back to HP. They checked off the I.O. Board. Sent back in Nov. of 2000 one month later with the same problem. Also sent back in April 2001. Now the problem has gotten worse and when plugged in the battery icon is on and the machine freezes. I took it to a computer shop and they called HP. The computer guy said it probably is a part that needs soldering where the female part is where you plug in the power cord. HP is saying that it needs a new motherboard at the tune of $289.00. The computer guy said that they can't fix it as it is a proprietary item - and has to be sent back to HP. We even purchased a new power cord and ac/adapter. The problem still persists. Any ideas on fixing this? It sure seems like HP should stand behind this as I think we got a lemon. Are there any places that can fix this without sending back? What type of shop/store should I be looking for?

2. deuce

deuce

Look in to HP and see if they have a no lemon policy... they might not. If you qualify, try to get in contact with someone high up in say the PR department and see if they can work out your problem and talk about sending a new one. If you qualify (and even if you don't but they won't hold up their warenty) and they won't send a new one, put a call out to the better business bureu of the sate that HP is in. You would be suprised how much those guys can help you. They only problems we had with laptops before was with this Sony, and they sent a brand new one right away and gave us one month to transfer data and then we had to send to broken one back. You would think HP would at least do that when they couldn't solve your problem, but if you can't work something out to get it replaced, $289 is way to much for a laptop motherboard. I would look for the board you need on the internet... buy it at the best price, and then get someone you trust to install it for you, or else go to a local repair store to do it for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66197